At Hospitality Solutions or any of its managed hotel properties, it is our goal to match qualified individuals with the appropriate positions within our company. Job descriptions will be furnished for each position, outlining the specific expectations, responsibilities and performance criteria. All positions shall be offered according to merit and qualifications, and may be subject to competitive examination.
Due to the nature of hotel operations, positions may be full-time, part-time or seasonal and include day, evening or night shifts, depending on the position. All employees are employed by the individual entity for which they are hired and abide by the specific rules and policies set forth by that property.
Your job is to take care of the customer. Your job is to make the person leave happy. –John Pepper, Forbes
Our nationally recognized hotel properties currently include Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg and The Historic Gatlinburg Inn (all in downtown Gatlinburg), as well as Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge (on Teaster Lane).
Provide janitorial support to hotels and other such facilities by ensuring that the premises are clean and tidy at all times. Duties include: cleaning common areas, watering plants, cleaning elevators, checking and emptying trash wherever needed, cleaning vending areas, keeping outside areas and parking lots tidy and free of trash, emptying linen bags and trash from housekeeping carts, stripping linens of assigned rooms.
Maintain the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas, as directed. Duties include: cleaning guest rooms in accordance with company standards, communicating with the housekeeping supervisor throughout the day to receive room assignments and provide progress updates, reporting any maintenance issues or concerns to the maintenance department, ensuring housekeeping cart is in proper working order and is cleaned and stocked, reporting any missing items or damage to rooms immediately to supervisor, maintaining appropriate control of lost and found items.
Responsible for the direction and management of all functions of the housekeeping department to ensure compliance with standards of operation, quality, productivity, and excellence; maintains cleanliness and appearance of guest rooms and public areas and is responsible for completion of all administrative procedures such as payroll, scheduling, monitoring expenses and room times, and adhering to all budget and procedural guidelines. Duties include: hiring, supervising, disciplining, and training of staff; distributing room assignments and other duties to housekeepers, housemen and laundry attendants; communicating with the Front Desk staff throughout the day to provide room status updates and to handle any guest requests; inspecting rooms cleaned by housekeepers to ensure proper procedures have been followed and rooms are ready to be occupied by guests; monitoring inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and laundry supplies; maintaining appropriate control of lost and found items.
Set-up, monitor, clean-up and prepare breakfast items for breakfast bar daily adhering to all standards set forth by the management of the hotel. Duties include: setting up breakfast bar;, keeping breakfast bar stocked during breakfast hours; interacting with guests before, during and after breakfast hours; cleaning up breakfast area after breakfast hours; keeping an accurate inventory of breakfast items and reporting it to the manager, so that food and supplies can be order when needed.
The “face and character” of the hotel to guests. Perform all duties as required by the management of the hotel including but not limited to guest check-in, check-out, taking reservations, answering phone calls and assisting guests with various requests. Duties include: operating the property management system (requires basic computer knowledge), assigning rooms for check-ins, maintaining proper control and accuracy of the cash bank and credit card charges, communicating with housekeeping staff to verify which rooms are clean and ready to occupy, keeping the front desk area clean, responding to guest questions and concerns, booking reservations from incoming phone calls, and properly reporting all guest-initiated maintenance and cleanliness issues or other concerns.
Assists the General Manager in the successful operation of the hotel including implementing budgets, rate strategies, and other operational procedures as well as maintaining all standards set forth by the Management Company and franchise. Provides direct support for the General Manager and the staff of the hotel, and sets a positive example for other employees to follow. Duties include, but are not limited to: providing staff, on a daily basis, with a forecast of revenues and expenses to ensure budget goals are being met; maintaining all elements of guest service, setting goals for guest satisfaction and implementing strategies to meet those goals; assisting in the interview and hiring process for new employees; and conducting team member training.
Responsible for the overall operation and success of the hotel; train all staff according to franchise and company standards; create an atmosphere of success and implement policies and procedures that motivate and encourage staff to achieve goals and performance expectations; maximize profits and control expenses; establish relationships within the community by being actively involved with local Chambers of Commerce, CVBs, Lodging Associations and other organizations promoting community and service. Duties include:
• Budgeting: assist in developing annual operational budgets, implement budgets, rate strategies and other financial plans to maximize profits of the hotel; review monthly, quarterly and yearly profit and loss statements to ensure that goals are being met (exceeded) and/or define areas that need improvement and make necessary adjustments within the hotel’s operation to reach these goals.
• Revenue Management: Determine rate strategies and levels; set minimum and maximum length of stays based on the demand for hotel rooms; balance all inventory and room types; manage overbooking strategies; communicate with Sales Department about high demand seasons and minimum rates for those periods; set revenue and ADR targets for front desk/sales staff; monthly revenue meetings with the Brand Team where required.
• Human Resources: Hires, trains and motivates all staff to accomplish goals and vision for the hotel as outlined by the company and franchise standards; manages schedules and payroll to ensure that costs are not too high; oversees department heads and their departments, communicating areas that need improvement and giving positive reinforcement for jobs well done; maintain high employee morale and a well-trained, qualified staff; provide disciplinary action as necessary that may include termination of employees if there is just cause; delegate responsibilities and follow-up to ensure completion. Maintain accurate and complete employee files and documentation. Coordinate benefits and ensure that employees are aware of any benefits packages that apply to them. Assure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment and the communication of those said laws to the employees.
• Administrative/Accounting: responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of revenues, occupancy, ADR, etc…as required by the franchise and company; ensure that all reports are accurate; daily bank deposits and reconciliation; approves all purchases and requests for purchases; maintenance and collection of all accounts receivable; processing of invoices and submitting them to the accountant according to the company standards. Review and report payroll to the accounting office.
• Operations: Overall performance, maintenance and cleanliness of hotel; ensure that all functions and groups are attended to and all guests are satisfied with their stay and/or event at the property; oversee all food and beverage operations; inspection of property and guest rooms on a regular basis to ensure that all standards are met and that the property is taken care of; implements all safety and security policies as determined by the company, franchise, OSHA, and any other state and local authorities; proper handling of guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Sales and Marketing: developing rate strategies, marketing plans and other sales activities to generate maximum revenue; forecasting hotel revenue and planning expenses accordingly; being an active member of local Chambers of Commerce, Convention and Visitor’s Bureaus, Lodging Associations, and any other community or service organizations; sell potential guests both inside and outside the hotel.
• Any other responsibilities or tasks delegated by the executive management of the Management Company, ownership, or franchise that they deem necessary or appropriate.